werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Don Henley

Post by werdna »

There were a few highlights at last night's concert - Witchy Woman, New York Minute, Sunset Grill, California Suite, LIfe in the Fast Lane - but I thought they really nailed Tears for Fears' Everybody Wants to Rule the World. The man whose record company called him Golden Throat's voice was undiminished. The musicians were amazing as you'd expect. Low key, much less rocky than an Eagles concert. Hotel California had a deep slinky groove - I'd never realised until now - always hiding under the multiple guitar layers, which to my taste are almost too much - in the verse all it needs is the reggae guitar. His monologues were nostalgic, wry and themed with regret, like a cool reflective grandad. I'd love to have a beer with him and ask what it was like going out with super hot talented Stevie Nicks in 1977. He'd probably say she was a beautiful lady and they had great times together, when she wasn't in the bathroom injecting cocaine into her ringpiece.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1002 times
Been liked: 2463 times

Re: Don Henley

Post by Slowy »

werdna wrote: I'd love to have a beer with him and ask what it was like going out with super hot talented Stevie Nicks in 1977.
He'd verbally rip you into little pieces with no more than 10 concise words.
I have huge respect for his writing talent and he possesses one of my favourite voices, but I never got the impression meeting him would be an uplifting experience.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote:
werdna wrote: I'd love to have a beer with him and ask what it was like going out with super hot talented Stevie Nicks in 1977.
He'd verbally rip you into little pieces with no more than 10 concise words.
I have huge respect for his writing talent and he possesses one of my favourite voices, but I never got the impression meeting him would be an uplifting experience.
No. Reminds me of Ted Turner. Don't think he'd suffer fools at all. But I suppose a lifetime of answering endless inane questions would do that to you.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

was just talking to the wife about this concert. I didn't go because of timing (thursday night is awful for my schedule) and I was a little put off by the "15 piece band" thing....but it sounds like it was intimate...damn now pissed off for not finding a way to go :mad:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

willow13 wrote:was just talking to the wife about this concert. I didn't go because of timing (thursday night is awful for my schedule) and I was a little put off by the "15 piece band" thing....but it sounds like it was intimate...damn now pissed off for not finding a way to go :mad:
I only found out about it 3 days ago and had committed to a band practice. I really need to get out from under this rock.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3862 times

Post by Bg »

no idea he was playing either, the whole adele thing overshadowed it in the news.
wouldn't have gone anyway but.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

So what is a dele and why is it causing such a fuss?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3862 times

Post by Bg »

its that english bird singer who was always in the shadows of amy winehouse.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

She could have had it all...
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by werdna »

As Joan Rivers said, "I've seen that Adele. Rolling in the Deep? the deep fried chicken."

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Woah, since when has being overweight been a disqualifying factor? eg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DZ3_obMXwU

If deep fried chicken sounds like that then eat up people!

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by werdna »

sirvill wrote:Woah, since when has being overweight been a disqualifying factor? eg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DZ3_obMXwU

If deep fried chicken sounds like that then eat up people!
Peter Cook on learning Elizabeth Taylor's glands were behind her weight issues: "Poor woman. There she is, in her suite in the Dorchester, harmlessly watching television. Suddenly her glands pick up the phone and order two dozen éclairs and a bottle of brandy. 'No,' she screams, 'please, I beg you!' but her glands take no notice. Determined glands they are, her glands. You've never known glands like them. The trolley arrives and Elizabeth Taylor hides in the bathroom, but her glands, her glands take the éclairs, smash down the door and stuff them down her throat. I'm glad I haven't got glands like that. Terrible glands."

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

:lol: That's brilliant.
Loving it so far

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7643 times
Been liked: 4148 times

Post by jeremyb »

Every time I listen to Amy Winehouse it makes me want a drink, such a sad life she lead :(
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.