MrDINO
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 92 times

Strymon timeline

Post by MrDINO »

Thought I'd put a little post up on this. I've owned it for about 3 yrs. Its been well looked after mounted on a pedal board housed in a case. After about 2 yrs it started playing up till recently became unusable jumping from one delay preset to another and being unable to scroll. I finally emailed Strymon. After a few emails and video clips they said it was out of its 1 yr warranty end of story. I have no problem with this but it still doesn't sit right that spending that sort of money and getting a couple of years is really fair. I guess that's the way of it but I don't think I'll be buying another Strymon. Good as they seem to be.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Re: Strymon timeline

Post by Conway »

Sucks bro.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 224 times

Post by Delayman »

So it was 'out of warrantly - end of story', or was it going to cost you to repair? I would be really annoyed if there was no options, but less so if it was just going to cost me post warranty.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7643 times
Been liked: 4148 times

Post by jeremyb »

Did you buy it from a NZ retailer? if so you have comeback under the consumer guarantees act :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MrDINO
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MrDINO »

Yes out of its " 1yr" warranty. Bought it from Heywire Cables which no longer supplies them. He told me he couldn't help. Strymon weren't interested bar supplying me with a NZ distributor contact. I think 3 yrs might be a little to far down the track to try the consumers act but might have a look all the same thanks.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 695 times

Post by AiRdAd »

MrDINO wrote:Yes out of its " 1yr" warranty. Bought it from Heywire Cables which no longer supplies them. He told me he couldn't help. Strymon weren't interested bar supplying me with a NZ distributor contact. I think 3 yrs might be a little to far down the track to try the consumers act but might have a look all the same thanks.
I'm not too up to date with the act, but you should definitely have comeback with haywire under the act. Your warranty is with the retailer, as that's where you purchased it from. Even though they only state a one year warrantly, the useful life is longer than this and you might have a chance to get some action.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

3 years is quite a long time though :(

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 224 times

Post by Delayman »

sirvill wrote:3 years is quite a long time though :(
I don't think 3 years is too long to expect for a high end guitar effect at all. After all there are plenty of effects from the 80s still going strong.

I would pursue it. They would never sell any, at that price if we all thought they would die in 3 years!
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 414 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

I hate this kind of shit. It's like the word warranty takes on an alternate meaning along the lines of "an agreement between a buyer and seller in which the buyer agrees that the seller has no obligation towards the product after a period of time well under an acceptable useful lifespan".

It's a sad state of affairs if we think 3 years is an acceptable lifespan.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

MrDINO wrote:Yes out of its " 1yr" warranty. Bought it from Heywire Cables which no longer supplies them. He told me he couldn't help. Strymon weren't interested bar supplying me with a NZ distributor contact. I think 3 yrs might be a little to far down the track to try the consumers act but might have a look all the same thanks.
I work for the retail arm of the distributor. Sadly, because heywire got out of strymon, he won't be able to help, but I (we) can. PM me and I can get you started on getting it sorted.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 801 times

Post by hamo »

Need to change your name from PB to GC.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

MrDINO
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MrDINO »

Polar Bear wrote:
I work for the retail arm of the distributor. Sadly, because heywire got out of strymon, he won't be able to help, but I (we) can. PM me and I can get you started on getting it sorted.
Thanks kindly

philly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 126 times

Post by philly »

This is similar to my situation with one of their pedals... except it was faulty from new .. and well documented on the web by other users ....and they wanted me to pay postage both ways
I told them if I fucked up at work I'd be expect to fix it
Didn't want to know...
I just got a refund from the shop in Sydney (i'd moved to NZ by this stage)
“Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Delayman wrote:
sirvill wrote:3 years is quite a long time though :(
I don't think 3 years is too long to expect for a high end guitar effect at all. After all there are plenty of effects from the 80s still going strong.

I would pursue it. They would never sell any, at that price if we all thought they would die in 3 years!

Yeah I tend to agree... although I dunno if a court would. Be a fun case though.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7643 times
Been liked: 4148 times

Post by jeremyb »

Buddy of mine recently had his 6 year old TV replaced with new, Consumer are the people to talk to, they have said 12 years for our vacuum cleaner which died just out of it's 2 year warranty....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.