Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3862 times

Re: Industrial Rock

Post by Bg »

Do the pet shop boys count?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Bg wrote:Do the pet shop boys count?
yes

only band that I have ever listen to that I would class as "industrial" is Shihad. Churn and killjoy
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

I loved Ministry
Saw them live way back when the had Louis Svitek (ex M.O.D) on guitar he was awsome
Rammstein would be up there for me too as well as Therapy

Around that time i was smoking so much weed and drinking Hooch that anything live would do lol
:mental:

Glacial Pace
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Glacial Pace »

I was into Fear Factory (Demanufacture mostly) in a big way in my late teens/early 20's and it still sees the odd play every now and then. I have also enjoyed KMFDM, White/Rob Zombie, Powerman 5000 and a few others, surprisingly I never really got into NIN. Never really gave them a decent chance.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

This is probably one of my favourite 'more poppy' industrial songs of the 90s. Class.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

I loved industrial rock back in the 80s, the intensity of it. I really liked SPK, especially a cassette of theirs called The Last Attempt At Paradise which I used to play a lot on the walkman. I also liked the Cabaret Voltaire "Drinking Gasoline" double EP, or whatever it was.

"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Vince is talking about the Industrial music that I relate to from the late 70s, early 80s. SPK, Cab Voltaire, Throbbing Gristle, Einstürzende Neubauten.

Yep, Drinking Gasoline was a double 12". It was great stuff, as was the earlier 2x45 in the same format.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3862 times

Post by Bg »

Frey wrote:I used to really like skinny puppy. Bit to heavy for me nowadays but they still have some good synth noises and such. I've been trying to get my hand on 'skinny puppy skinned' which is a sound library of all their sounds and such. Adam curtis used it a bit in some of his soundtracks to his docos.
yeah I did have that one, I'll have a dig around I might still h ave it on one of the drives.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7643 times
Been liked: 4148 times

Post by jeremyb »

Doubly keen if you can hook us up too Beeg!!! <3
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

moliere
Squier
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by moliere »

This thread is relevant to my somewhat dated interests.

Kinda got turned onto the industrial rock thing through Pretty Hate Machine (NIN) and The Mind Is A Terrible Thing to Taste (Ministry). Then got into Skinny Puppy, Frontline Assembly and KMFDM. Locally, Shihad's Churn was decent as and turned me onto Killing Joke and Godflesh and Swans.

I went backwards from there into Industrial stuff (Throbbing Gristle, SPK, Test Dept, Einstürzende Neubauten, Foetus)

With the advent of the WWW, I got into a lot of the American coldwave stuff, like 16 Volt, Chemlab and Decree.

I think a big door for many of us into a few more bands were soundtracks, Mortal Kombat (KMFDM, Fear Factory, Gravity Kills), The Crow (Machines of Loving Grace, NIN, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult), The Matrix (Marilyn Manson, Ministry, Rob Zombie, Rammstein). The Woodstock 94 compilation turned a lot of people onto NIN

Industrial/Post-Industrial/Noise stuff is still my main sphere of interest to this day. I currently play in a post-industrial metal band, an electro-industrial/triphop/alternative type thing (hard to figure that one out), a pure harsh noise duo, a White Zombie/Rob Zombie tribute band and a new thing bubbling around that will hopefully combine a bit of Scorn, Avotor and Coil (this is still in a very conceptual stage, had one live show but it was appalling, hah)

ps. I also have the Skinny Puppy Skinned CD sample library, anyone that wants it chuck me a pm and I'll give you a download link.

Hollowpoint
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Hollowpoint »

I was never hugely into Industrial stuff, but had flatmates and friends who were hugely into Godflesh, Fear Factory, Ministry, NIN etc so I heard a lot of it. I did get massively into Churn though and had a couple of Einstürzende Neubauten albums I really liked. I actually saw Swans in New York about 18 months ago (even though I hadn't heard much of them before) and they were incredible, one of the best shows I've ever seen.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

moliere wrote:
I think a big door for many of us into a few more bands were soundtracks, Mortal Kombat (KMFDM, Fear Factory, Gravity Kills), The Crow (Machines of Loving Grace, NIN, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult), The Matrix (Marilyn Manson, Ministry, Rob Zombie, Rammstein). The Woodstock 94 compilation turned a lot of people onto NIN

yes yes yes... of course! The Mortal Kombat and Matrix soundtracks especially were so good back in the day.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7643 times
Been liked: 4148 times

Post by jeremyb »

Youth code are worth checking out if you like skinny puppy, they're heavily influenced....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 801 times

Post by hamo »

Late to this thread, everything I would have said has basically been said. +1 to the soundtracks comment - also from video games. C&C anyone? :D

I have made a bit of a playlist on Spotify. Not probably all strictly industrial, but... https://open.spotify.com/user/123153384 ... TydEKk5XK5
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

moliere
Squier
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by moliere »

hamo wrote:- also from video games. C&C anyone? :D
yeah, Trent doing Quake was pretty cool. Funnily enough, my industrial/metal band has done a cover of Red Alert's Hell March a couple of times. Kinda a mash up of Hell March 1 and Hell March 2. Fun tune.