Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 363 times
Been liked: 128 times

Review: TC Electronic BodyRez

Post by vintage52 »

The company blurb:

BodyRez is the new must-have tool for every acoustic player out there. Designed to restore the natural acoustic resonance of your instrument when using under-saddle pickups, BodyRez gives you a more natural sound simply with the turn of a single knob. Getting great acoustic tone couldn't possibly be easier, with harmonic bliss now just a stomp away.

I've been using mine for a few weeks now and thought I should let the honeymoon period die down before I get all effusive.

I'm using a Takamine TAN-16C into a Fender Acoustasonic Jr.

The Jr can get some pretty nice tones with some fiddling but I've always wanted to hear a tone that is as close to what you hear when an acoustic guitar is recorded with good quality mics - that balanced sound that does not lose any fullness and retains what you hear from your acoustic unplugged.

The BodyRez does just that and all with the turn of a single knob until you find (hear) that tone in your head and ears that align with the guitar.

I've looked at all sorts of preamps and filters to run the Takamine into and nothing has been as easy as this.

And whilst not an acoustic modeller, I have run my tele into it and then into the Jr to great effect.

If anyone else has one, keen to get your thoughts.

V52
Wellington

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 224 times

Re: Review: TC Electronic BodyRez

Post by Delayman »

Good user review. Interested in to how the tele sounds into this!
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

vintage52
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 363 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: Review: TC Electronic BodyRez

Post by vintage52 »

Delayman wrote:Good user review. Interested in to how the tele sounds into this!
If you were aiming for acoustic tones, the middle position on the Tele is very good for it.

The neck and bridge are so much of the tele sound that when playing through either of these into the bodyrez into the Jr, you get very nice woody neck pickup tones that are very very clean and full.

The bridge needs to have some mid and bass to smooth out the treble that is in inherently there.ough th

My strat into this set-up behaves in a similar way with the first middle position getting to a very nice funk kind of tone.

Just some rough thoughts
Wellington