Moderator: Capt. Black

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Hats off to the Rock Shop!

Post by The Scarecrow »

Just wanted to throw it out there to the RS guys for providing me one of the best customer services experiences I've had in ages.

Around midday yesterday I took in my band/flate mate's LTD EC401 for a service as the band had agreed to get it set up for him for a birthday present due it having broken a lot of strings (4-5) in the last month or two. I spoke to Shayne (awesome bloke) who surmised it might be the bridge having a few burrs (which I had suspected given it was breaking that end) combined with my guitarists aggressive palm muting technique. Asked all the right questions about tuning (so important - I've had guitars set up in the past and asked them to be set up in one tuning, only to have them come back in standard) and if there was anything else to look at.

I mentioned in small talk that we were having practice that night but wasn't expecting the guitar to be done for a week or so from previous experiences. Left it and went back to work to get a text mid-afternoon from Shayne telling me it was all good to go and that he had wanted to get it done fast so my band mate could have a hoon tonight. That was a big deal for me; it's a small thing, but it's really nice to be prioritised.

Picked it up around 5pm and was super pleased with result. Bridge saddles smoothed out, set-up/intonation done, new strings and tuned correctly to Drop C, and overally given a solid polish and clean. Shayne even picked up that the jack was loose and fixed this too. Took it to band and my guitarist was stoked; reckons it has not played so well since he first bought it and he is very hard on his instruments.

Just wanted to acknowledge a job well done and a good experience. We often hear of so many bad ones, and the good guys become unsung heroes. Big props to the RS Takapuna guys, Shayne in particular! Can't go wrong with a half-day turnaround time!

(Matt/Dave - if you guys read this, please let them know they are doing a bang-up job down there!)

- Reuben
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Re: Hats off to the Rock Shop!

Post by handsoffmatt »

Man! This is awesome stuff. THanks for putting a smile on my face this morning.
I will pass on your kind words and comments to Shayne, as well as my peers and bosses.

Thanks a million for taking the time to write this. It will brighten up a lot of people's day around the office today :-)
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

NZRS_Matt wrote:Man! This is awesome stuff. THanks for putting a smile on my face this morning.
I will pass on your kind words and comments to Shayne, as well as my peers and bosses.

Thanks a million for taking the time to write this. It will brighten up a lot of people's day around the office today :-)
No problem Matt... credit given where due. Will definitely be going to see Shayne in future about set-ups etc.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Kloppsta »

good post! we don't often take the time to give credit where its due. i have to say, Taka RS team have been fantastic in my experience. i went in the other day looking for some new baritone acoustic strings for my alvarez....they are mammoth 16's and NO body has them in stock. cant remember the gents name behind the counter but he did everything he possible could to find me those strings! including pulling apart sets to try and make up a custom set. we couldn't get the required gauges in the end but he went a step further and even look at competitors sites to try and find me some. he knew he wasn't going to get a sale at that point but kept on trying to help. good stuff!!!!

as a side note, i "felt good" as a customer just being in the store and was made to feel comfortable so i ended up having a quick hoon on a taylor gs mini which i fell in love with and am now gassing very hard for!!!!
Little by little, by hook or by crook

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Yeah good to see definitely! I must admit, every time I get up to the Manukau store when I'm on the hunt for something the service is always great. Graeme and the staff there are only too happy to help and the big thing is that you never feel uncomfortable when trying gear out. Good stuff.
Loving it so far

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

I like those guys in Rockshop Online a lot.

:)

As Matt said it is really good to hear and see that sort of thing.
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7643 times
Been liked: 4148 times

Post by jeremyb »

Good service should always be rewarded, it's too often people only have something to say when it's bad :) Great job everyone!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Kloppsta wrote:as a side note, i "felt good" as a customer just being in the store and was made to feel comfortable so i ended up having a quick hoon on a taylor gs mini which i fell in love with and am now gassing very hard for!!!!
Yeah, the GS mini is great. My daughter is enjoying mine... I mean ours... I mean hers.

http://www.nzguitars.com/forum/viewtopi ... 27&t=28600
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Kloppsta »

Conway wrote:
Kloppsta wrote:as a side note, i "felt good" as a customer just being in the store and was made to feel comfortable so i ended up having a quick hoon on a taylor gs mini which i fell in love with and am now gassing very hard for!!!!
Yeah, the GS mini is great. My daughter is enjoying mine... I mean ours... I mean hers.

http://www.nzguitars.com/forum/viewtopi ... 27&t=28600
yeah, i thought i wanted a martin lx1e but not after playing the gs mini again (have played before and weirdly wasnt impressed, may have got a bad one)
Little by little, by hook or by crook

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

The different wood configurations do sound quite different, eg. the full mahogany one vs spruce top/rosewood back and sides.

I got the koa one, which probably fits in the middle of those 2, tone-wise.
Last edited by Conway on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

candiman
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by candiman »

+1 on RS service.

A couple of weeks back I was in the Sylvia Park RS killing time while Mrs Candiman was off punishing the credit card. The guy I spoke to there was great, helping me check out the various LP's and patiently answering inane questions even though I was upfront about not being there to actually buy anything... pretty sure the guys name was Ben.

The experience was really good and I actually bought a couple of bits and pieces in the end.

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

Haha - Ben's a drummer I think - cool dude.
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

candiman wrote:The experience was really good and I actually bought a couple of bits and pieces in the end.
A capo? That's Rockshop's biggest selling item, apparently.

candiman
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by candiman »

Conway wrote:A capo? That's Rockshop's biggest selling item, apparently.
Nah, they sold me one of those during one of the wifes previous shopping trip. The more recent purchases have been an amp cable and a painfully bright blue acoustic for one of the kids. So one of those.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7643 times
Been liked: 4148 times

Post by jeremyb »

When I was in there last, Dave managed to sell a capo AND a hercules stand to a guy!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.