Moderator: Capt. Black

stuu
PRS McCarty
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Hats off to the Rock Shop!

Post by stuu »

Special mention to Emla and the team from Backbeat (the RS-run venue above the K rd shop in Auckland). I play shows more often than i buy new gear so would say they're my primary exposure to RS in recent years. While not technically in-store i think they do a cracking job of running the best mid-capacity live music club in Auckland. I've booked a tonne of shows there over the years and never had any problems in my dealings with them.

The extended RS family at Backbeat do a great job of having a can-do, friendly attitude (consistent with what we see here from dave and matt) which any company should be proud of. Definitely the 1st choice of venue for me and a lot of my peers. </my 2c>
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

^ Agreed. Always great sound there too. Have done a couple of shows and Emla was very easy to deal with as well.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Just want to bump this up to give massive ups to Matt himself! After reading & discussing amp options in these forums (along with obligatory youtube clips for Africa) I popped into the K'Rd store to check out the Mesa TA-30. Loved it a ton, went home to the missus and begged, bribed, put my foot down and said "I'm the man of the house", took the slaps & cried a little, finally she agreed so Monday picked up the amp.

Only issue, it was shop-soiled, some pretty ugly and completely unremovable finger marks all over the top panel. Tried to clean them, failed. A word to Matt (was going to get the panel re-coated, wanted specs), and within a very short time "panel being sent from Mesa, replaced under warranty"! On top of answering all my questions, I cannot thank Matt enough. Cheers bud - and folks - this is why you buy local!

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

HackSaw wrote:Just want to bump this up to give massive ups to Matt himself! After reading & discussing amp options in these forums (along with obligatory youtube clips for Africa) I popped into the K'Rd store to check out the Mesa TA-30. Loved it a ton, went home to the missus and begged, bribed, put my foot down and said "I'm the man of the house", took the slaps & cried a little, finally she agreed so Monday picked up the amp.

Only issue, it was shop-soiled, some pretty ugly and completely unremovable finger marks all over the top panel. Tried to clean them, failed. A word to Matt (was going to get the panel re-coated, wanted specs), and within a very short time "panel being sent from Mesa, replaced under warranty"! On top of answering all my questions, I cannot thank Matt enough. Cheers bud - and folks - this is why you buy local!
:clap: Matt is a top man! And well done on the TA-30 - did you get the 1x12 or 2x12?
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Conway wrote: :clap: Matt is a top man! And well done on the TA-30 - did you get the 1x12 or 2x12?
I bought the head actually, liked the idea of the knobs on the front! Only issue now is picking a cabinet. Currently it is on VHT cheapo, sounds decent on the cleans but not great on the gain channels. I have a creamback 65 that will go into whatever I buy. Matt recommends the 1x12 widebody, so I am leaning towards that.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

HackSaw wrote:
Conway wrote: :clap: Matt is a top man! And well done on the TA-30 - did you get the 1x12 or 2x12?
I bought the head actually, liked the idea of the knobs on the front! Only issue now is picking a cabinet. Currently it is on VHT cheapo, sounds decent on the cleans but not great on the gain channels. I have a creamback 65 that will go into whatever I buy. Matt recommends the 1x12 widebody, so I am leaning towards that.
Would sound great through the 2x10 I'm selling. :wink:
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by handsoffmatt »

Thanks for the lovely comments. It's always a real pleasure for me to provide people with great high-end gear - and when my manufacturers support me like Mesa/Boogie have done in this case - well it puts a smile on everyone's face I think.
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 1395 times

Hats off to the Rock Shop!

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I have the wide body cab for my mkv and it's awesome. The C90 works really well in there.