werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 460 times

X-Factor I salute you

Post by werdna »

I have important news for music lovers on this forum. Maestros and artists, stop whatever it is that you’re doing! Put down your guitar, put away your Steve Vai tab, cease making notes in the margin of the Bach concerto. Let a hush fall among us for the musical event of the year has arrived: the X-Factor is playing its second series on TV3, and I for one couldn’t be more excited.

Yes, there are those who dismiss the X-Factor as a showcase for narcissistic extroverts of no musical talent who crave attention, those same uncharitable wiseacres who mime themselves retching when yet another aspiring soul singer steps up and cheerfully mangles a popular song. The same naysayers say that the judges are B-list celebrities so desperate for cash and public attention that they would wear a Nazi uniform while having sex with a goat in exchange for a cheque and tv coverage. In particular, there are some negative minded souls who say that Willy Moon is a pompous, vaccuus twat with a plastic cowling for hair and the same limited range of facial expressions as a stroke victim. In answer, I can only direct them to tonight's episode, in which a number of eager contestants proved that for a true artist singing in key is an artificial constraint to be transcended by singing random notes in random order, like an aural Jackson Pollock painting. And in the face of such an artistic masterclass, the judges were not to be outdone. Challenged by a booing audience, Natalia Kills gave her Solomon like judgment: "Quiet alright? If you let me finish it might be a yes but if you carry on like that it'll be no." To those who say that Natalia and Willy are overgroomed showponies with limited or no musical comprehension, an absence of analytical skills, and the articulacy of an Aussie rules player at the end of a concussion plagued career, I respond that you clearly failed to detect the influence of the late music critic Bernard Levin when Willy Moon, his face resolute and immoveable like an Easter Island statue, offered a grateful contestant the following insight: "I didn't like it. It was quite buskery." I know, I know; Willy had already set the bar very high indeed during his singing career. I recall in fondness Willy Moon's video "Yeh, yeh", a stunning arrangement in which he stands on a platform surrounded by dancers and agitates one of his legs while holding the opposite arm above his head, as if simultaneously changing a lightbulb while shaking out something stuck up his bum. What more could a viewer ask for than that.

To TV3 I say thank you for fighting to keep standards high.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Re: X-Factor I salute you

Post by Molly »

I don't watch any of that stuff but did notice on that endlessly repeating trailer that I'd no idea who the judges were. Well, there was the once-tidy one from All Saints (that yardstick by which all other bands are measured) but nobody else. Shite I say, sir! Maybe the guy in that poor-man's Malmsteen video that was posted yesterday could go on and widdle a bit. Wonder what their reaction would be.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2480 times

Post by Slowy »

Meh. Family Guy's on.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Why do you do that shit to yourself? Watch something else, man.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4168 times

Post by jeremyb »

Vince wrote:Why do you do that shit to yourself? Watch something else, man.
^this! Theres so much better quality content available online!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Rog »

Riffles!! Thanks, werdna - the essential playful spirit of B45-12 lives on in your words. Funny! :)
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Excellent post, if somewhat lacking in paragraphs...
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

You write so well.! Very funny!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2261 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Rog wrote:Riffles!! Thanks, werdna - the essential playful spirit of B45-12 lives on in your words. Funny! :)
Without the madness...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Jim.h
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Jim.h »

Too many words.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

One word

SHIT

I thank you
:mental:

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Bg wrote:
Rog wrote:Riffles!! Thanks, werdna - the essential playful spirit of B45-12 lives on in your words. Funny! :)
Without the madness...
give him time ... tinfoil might not have arrived yet :shh:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

exackery
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

the fact they put the guy through who did the incredibly shit queen cover killed it for me, metaphorically, unlike the guy last night who did actually kill someone, so there you go. Should get the ratings up. No publicity is bad publicity etc.