Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 375 times

Re: Ideas on the Mooer Products

Post by Dharmajester »

Have used the yellow optical compressor. Brought a bit of hiss to my signal chain when used in combination with od pedals but other than that I really liked it. Could be very subtle which is nice and response was even with a variety of pu's. The diamond pedal upon which it is supposedly based is more obvious in it's compression even at minimal levels and also can be a bit clipped in it's attack with a heavy handed player using pu's above fender single output level..
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

I have a full Mooer mini pedalboard.

I did a walkthrough of it here

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xjhwoiFt7o[/youtube]

Skip to the 2min mark.

Green Mile is basically a straight Ibby tube screamer copy, it's the same chip as the TS808 (sorry i say TS-9 on the video)

Overall these are pretty dope. The pitch shifting isn't the best, it's out by quite a lot BUT we use it for one riff where accuracy isn't required, so I'm not too bothered for it. Everything else is dope. The ONLY thing that bums me out is the shimverb shimmer effect is a 5th, not a full octave. Makes it very hard to use like a POG. If you're out of key, it sounds horrible.

The repeater is good, the kill dry is a great function.

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

also I should add that the Mod Factory was a perfect little tool for someone like that me that instantly thinks 'horrible flange' whenever someone mentions Modulation.

I've wanted to experiment with modulation but had no idea where to start. This wets the appetite well as it's 11 different modulations, and it's given me enough to learn what I like and what I don't like.