Roger Waters. Us and Them

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 594 times

Re: Roger Waters. Us and Them

Post by godgrinder »

Basket Case wrote:I was amazed at the number of young people there. Many of them didn't appear to be just tagging along with their parents either. It would be really interesting to find out how they discovered the music. I wonder whether, in some cases, it was Roger's politics that attracted them.
Because Floyd still get constantly name-dropped by music journalists and modern bands. It's hard to NOT having heard of them.
Amps:
Soldano SLO100 x2 | Wizard MC1 & MC2 | Diezel Herbert
Fryette Pittbull CL | Marshall 2203KK | Krank Rev 50 | Mesa Mark 2A

Rack stuff:
VHT/Fryette GP3, GP/DI & 2/90/2 | Peters FSM/Chimera
Verellen Meatsmoke | Synergy SYN1 | Mesa Studio

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

godgrinder wrote:
Basket Case wrote:I was amazed at the number of young people there. Many of them didn't appear to be just tagging along with their parents either. It would be really interesting to find out how they discovered the music. I wonder whether, in some cases, it was Roger's politics that attracted them.
Because Floyd still get constantly name-dropped by music journalists and modern bands. It's hard to NOT having heard of them.
My son knew 90% of the songs but had never heard of Roger Waters.
He asked me afterwards if RW had written any of those songs.
All of them, Son. Every single one. :rofl:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

I have to say that Us and Them will be my death bed song. The sound the band makes in the verses is the musical equivalent of floating out into nothingness. Chilling and relieving at the same time. I can't think of another tune that has the same or similar feeling. Not even comfortably numb. That just has the good trip vibes, as intended.

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

Also those photos of the show look amazing and make me regret not going. Far better than the show Roger put on last time they came through chch 10 odd years ago. Which I wasn't in a position to fully appreciate at the time anyway.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Every time I've seen Roger, including 10 odd years ago, he's pushed the boundaries of live shows. Was it his fault 10 odd years ago that 'rollies' weren't invented? or that projection technology wasn't up to what it is today? You wouldn't have fully appreciated it anyway :P
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.