The Curse of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland Public House. NOW WITH ADDED VIDEO!!1!

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

bender
Darth Fader
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

The Curse of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland Public House. NOW WITH ADDED VIDEO!!1!

Post by bender »

They were warned, but did they listen? A surfing expedition went awry when our heroes were caught in a freak typhoon! Taking shelter in a welcoming coastal cave, the ill-fated Surfers disturbed a Sea-Witch from her thousand-year hibernation. Her wrath was unmatched and the Bull-Kelp Surfers were forever cursed to scour the ocean depths for crashing drum breaks, deep, salty basslines and reverb drenched guitars! Hold onto your manatees, folks! It's going to get rough!

Delicious beer! Dance moves! A skeleton! More rad guitars than you can shake a stick at! Come on down and have your face melted!
Last edited by bender on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

bender
Darth Fader

Re: The Curse of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland Public House, Kingsland Friday Oct 20th 9pm

Post by bender »

Awesome artwork by former NZG member pakehendrix

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: The Curse of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland Public House, Kingsland Friday Oct 20th 9pm

Post by jeremyb »

Woah, blast from the past, what happened to that guy?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1294 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Yes that artwork is sublime! We are very lucky Surfers indeed.
So come on down. Entry is almost free, we just demand a small (but permanent) fraction of your high end hearing.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

WooHoo! Reckon I can make that. Any other starters?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

I reckon I’d love to be there but am in Trumpland. Doh!

Have fun guys.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

Slowy wrote:WooHoo! Reckon I can make that. Any other starters?
I might go.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Sadly not for me, I can't afford to lose any more off the top, next time though....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

Tonight!

I have a bootful of rad guitars just itching to get their surf on!

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Ben you guys need to come out to pukekohe or similar .... would love to come and see you guys but am to old to hit the city :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

willow13 wrote:Ben you guys need to come out to pukekohe or similar .... would love to come and see you guys but am to old to hit the city :rofl:
Haha! Totally open to it if you have any venue or festival suggestions!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

BKS2.jpeg
Hot Damn these guys are good! Had to leave after the second set; if they got any better, I'd have to quit playing.
The offset and oddball guitar collection sounded surf perfect and respect to your drummer; he's a monster!

As I left, Strummers was being mobbed by a swarm of cuties. Good to see you taking one for the Team, mate!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

Great to see you there Slowy! It was a blinder of a second set too- glad you caught it.

bender
Darth Fader

Re: The Curse of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland Public House, Kingsland Friday Oct 20th 9pm.

Post by bender »

Here's a clip from Friday night, complete with astounding dance moves!

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: The Curse of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland Public House. NOW WITH ADDED VIDEO!!1!

Post by AiRdAd »

Sounded great!

When you're playing in a band like this, do you have to be super careful of staying in time with everyone else and not playing bum notes? With the amps so clean, and upfront in the mix, there would be know where to hide, would there?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.